Many of our customers purchased a LED neon sign and aren’t sure how to put it up. There are many options available depending on the purpose and usage. This article will explain the basics of LED neon sign installation and how to use them.
There are four common ways to install a sign.
- Screws are used to mount on walls. (Drilling is necessary).
- Hanging wires or suspending. It is easy to move and drill is not necessary.
- Sitting at a table with a stand. It is easy to move about and drilling is not necessary.
- Attaching to a surface with 3M strips (Drilling not necessary).
Here are some tips to help you prepare for installation.
How do you mount a neon sign?
How to hang a neon sign?
How do you make a neon sign that sits on a table?
How do you temporarily fix a neon led sign without drilling?
How to hide the wires of neon led signs?
How to control a neon led sign with a remote?
TIPS TO HELP YOU BEFORE YOU INSTALL.
1. Consider asking a friend for assistance, especially if your sign is very large.
2. In case you fall, always keep your sign steady.
3. To avoid damage or scratching, place your sign in a safe location.
4. Instead of using wires, you can make your sign with an acrylic board.
5. After installation, please connect your sign to the power.
HOW TO INSTALL A NEON LED SIGN BY MOUNTING SCREWS?
Mounting screws are the most common choice of installation option. This is great for wall and grass backdrops. It must be possible to drill the surface. You can’t move your neon sign around easily or often once you have mounted it with mounting screws. Imagine that you decide to move it from one place to another. The holes in the old spot could cause problems.
1. MARK THE SPOT.
Placing your neon sign against the wall is a good idea. Mark the spot on the acrylic board with a pencil.
2. DRILL HOLES IN THE WALL.
Each marked area should be drilled. Please drill slowly and steadily.
3. FIX THE SCREW NUT INTO THE WALL.
Place the wall anchor in the holes and then drill the hole through the hollow base.
4. CONNECT CREW CUP AND SCREW NUT TIGHTLY.
Place your neon sign on a cushion and screw it in place. You must ensure that the acrylic board holes are in the correct position for the screw nut.
Attach a cushion to the acrylic backboard, then connect crew members and tighten the nut.
5. PLUGIN, ENJOY AND ENJOY YOUR NEO SIGN.
HOW TO INSTALL a NEON LED SIGN BY HANGING WIRES.
Hanging wires are a great option for those who want to hang a neon sign from an archway or front window. Hanging wires are easy to put up and can be done by yourself. However, large sizes will require assistance. You don’t need to drill holes if that’s not your preference.
Simply pass the wires through the holes in the acrylic board and hang your neon sign however you wish.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A NEONLED SIGN SLITTING ON A TABLE?
You can easily move the neon sign around by using a stand that allows it to sit on a table. This is a great option for a bedroom table or wedding reception table. This is the easiest way to mount a neon sign. Simply place your neon sign on a base. See below for examples.
HOW TO TEMPORARILY FILL NEON LED SIGNAGE FOR EVENTS WITHOUT DRILLING?
1. 3M STRIPS
3M strips are available if you need to attach your neon sign on the wall but don’t want holes in the wall.
- Cut the strip in half and then click to join them.
- Cut one-liner off the acrylic back and stick it there
- Take out the liner and place your neon sign against a wall.
- Take off the neon sign and press each strip with firm pressure.
- Take 1 hour to align your neon sign to the strips
2. HANGING WIRES
CandyNeon’s hanging wires don’t need drilling. You can hang your neon sign however you wish, by simply passing the wires through the holes in the acrylic board.
HOW DO YOU HIDE NEON SIGN WIRES
CandyNeon provides neon signs with 1.5m of plug adapter and 2m of clear cable. There are two ways to hide wires.
1. BUY A NEON SIGN WITH A COLORED ACRYLIC BOARD.
CandyNeon has a variety of acrylic boards available in black, white, and gold mirror. You can hide wires with colored acrylic boards.
2. HARD-WIRING YOUR CABLE INTO A WALL
An electrician is required if you are going to hard-wire the cable into the wall. By doing so, you won’t be able to control the light on/off/brightness/flashing with a remote, as the led controller won’t respond to the remote through the wall. An electrician could attach your neon sign to a switch that turns on/off the light.
HOW TO USE A NEON LED SIGN AND CONTROL WITH REMOTE
Once you have installed your neon sign, it is time to connect it to the power supply.
1. You must make sure that the remote has enough batteries.
2. Connect the led controller’s one end to the clear cable.
3. Connect the other end of the led controller to an adapter
4. Control light on/off/brightness/flashing by remote.
It doesn’t matter what installation option you choose; it’s easy to use. Don’t be intimidated by neon sign installation. If you already own the product, you can install it however you wish. These instructions are not intended to be used as a guide. Many customers do not use the accessories provided, but simply install them in their way.